Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Importance of proteins in your diet for you and your family

Alright people, its pool time!  Who doesnt want to stay healthy and fit especially in the summer?  Im a very busy with life but I feel there is something missing.  My brain is active but physically my body needs some work.  Sometimes I feel I just dont have the energy to keep going.  There are essential nutrients the body needs to provide fuel or energy such as carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.  I dont always eat right so I started taking vitamins to get some of these essential nutrients.  

You may or may not know this but proteins are the building blocks of life.  Your body needs protein to repair and maintain itself.   Proteins may be complete or incomplete.  Complete proteins have all 8 essential amino acids which are the ones your body does not manufacture so it is important to eat foods such as meats, poultry, fish, dairy products, and eggs to get these.  Incomplete proteins lack one or more of the essential amino acids and are usually derived from vegetables.  I have started drinking protein shakes and eating protein bars.  These are actually really good!  It doesnt matter if it is a premade shake or a powder that you mix yourself these things taste great!  You can get these in many different flavors and they even have drinks that are lactose or gluten free. 

I hope youll be sure to include protein in your familys diet!


No comments:

Post a Comment